Wednesday, October 6, 2010

David Bisbal

Chrissy: At what age did you realize that you wanted to become a singer?

David: Since I was a very little boy I knew that music is what I felt in me. For reals, I've always lived like that. I'd sing in front of a mirror using a pen as a microphone. As I grew up, music has just continued to form part of my life.

Chrissy: Tell us a little about the show, "Operaccion Truinfo." Is it like our "American Idol" or Mexico's "La Academia?"

David: Yes, basically they are the same, except for our private lives were never shown, only the evolution of the kids and everyday work. It's the same format; a television show that gives kids a chance to follow their dreams to be an actor or singer. In this case, in Spain, it was only musically based.

Chrissy: Did a lot of singers come out of the show as triumphant as you?

David: Yes. I think that personal triumph is in everyone of us, because for us to have the chance to realize our dreams and enjoy our work is triumph.

Chrissy: With which artists would you like to perform a duet with?

David: I'd love to sing with Chayanne. Well, I'd love to sing with artists who are already well-established. I'd like to sing with Armando Manzanero as well.

Chrissy: Do you have any brothers or sisters?

David: I have one brother and one sister.

Chrissy: Do they sing too?

David: No, they don't sing.

Chrissy: How does it feel to be nominated for a Premio Tu Musica in Puerto Rico with artists such as Daniel Rene, Tiziano Fierro, and Julio Jr.?

David: I'm extremely happy. I have to send a huge kiss to Puerto Rico, of my heart, which I love so much. I can't wait to return and I'm really happy because I will be there soon with all of the press, whom are my friends and all of the beautiful people there.

Chrissy: Are you recording an album right now?

David: No, not yet, I'm auditioning songs right now, because I'm preparing to record soon.

Chrissy: You have 3 singles now, right?

David: Yes, I have 3 singles, the latest one is "Llorare Las Penas." I'm really happy because it's on the top of the Billboard Charts.

Chrissy: If you could be the king of the world for one day, what would you do?

David: The king of the world?! The king of the world, me?!!! Uyyyyy, I don't know! I think I'd probably donate food to people.

Chrissy: In the video for "Llorare Las Penas," the girl in the video is Penelope Cruz's sister, right?

David: Yes, Monica Cruz.

Chrissy: How was it like to record the video with her?

David: It was awesome. She's such an extraordinary person; a hardworker. I liked her a lot because she was such a perfectionist. If she didn't think she did good, she'd have to repeat it, even if we all considered her work to be perfect.

Chrissy: Would you like to sing in English some day?

David: It would be good. I'd have to learn and feel the language. Little by little, I'd learn the language and yes, I would, because English is very universal.

Chrissy: How does it feel to have recieved so much recognition from an international public in such a short period of time?

David: It feels really good! I feel very previeleged in a way. People are actually helping me, and thanks to them I am achieving all of this. People of the press, fan clubs, and my record label. All I have to give in return is my heart and music.

Chrissy: Will you return to Los Angeles?

David: Back to Los Angeles, hmmm.... I don't know. I really hope so though!!!

Chrissy: When your new album comes out, are you going to promote it in the U.S.?

David: Yes, of course. When the album comes out in January 2004, it will come out in all countries!

Chrissy: Your working with Kiki Santander now, right? How is it to work with such a very talent man?

David: Yes, I am. He's phenominal! When I'm recording with him, we are like family. I consider him like a brother. I'm really grateful for all of his advice and I hope our friendship will last a long time.

Chrissy: Do you write your own songs?

David: Some of them. I've been carrying a tape recorder, like that one, with me. It's beautiful to share your feelings. But, I also like to interpret songs as well.

Chrissy: Would you like to become an actor in the future?

David: No, I wouldn't because I'd feel like I'm stealing work from someone. If I would do it, it would have to involve music, but I'd never take anyones' job.

Chrissy: How old are you?

David: I turned 24 on June 5th.

Chrissy: Do you have a girlfriend? I have to ask because all the girls are probably going to ask me this!

David: Yes, I do have one. Almost everyone knows already!!

Chrissy: What else would you like to share regarding your career?

David: Well, first of all, I'm very happy! Day after day wonderful things are happening to me and in turn encourage me to keep on working. I'm still promoting this first album and promoting it in as many cities as possible. But, with this second album, I'm going to work even harder because I'm working with a champion (Kiki Santander). I'm going to go everywhere and see all of the caring people supporting my music, all the press, and above all, always thinking about this little slice of support I have here in Los Angeles. (Sealed with a cute wink!)

Chrissy: Could you give a message to the fans?

David: Yes, of course!! I want to send all of you an extremely huge kiss and a huge hug with all of my heart!!! I will always take you in my heart!! Lots of kisses! Muah...muah....muah....muah............... (Kissing the microphone part of the tape recorder! lol What a sweet heart!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment